Buying or selling an old vehicle can be a daunting task if no proper guide is available at hand. There are certain websites that go the extra mile to help consumers looking to buy vehicles or sell old ones. With the emergence of online car dealers, the job has now become a bit easier than before, but it still haunts people to find a website that combines accuracy with reliability.
KBB is one name that resonates with reliability and trust in the arena of providing consumers reliable data on automobiles such as cars, KBB motorcycles, and other automobiles for the purpose of buying and selling. Whether it be an old vehicle or a new one, KBB is the apt choice.
History Of KBB (Kelley Blue Book)
KBB started as Kelley Kar Company which was founded by Les Kelley in 1918. The company was started with Model T Fords. Kelley used to collect data from the dealership, and with the help of these collects, he published the company’s First Blue Book in 1926. Since then, Kelley Blue Book has been known as one of the trusted California-based vehicle valuation and automotive research companies that are widely recognized by consumers and companies looking for a comparison.
It helps its consumers by providing a standard guide in automobile trade in determining the vehicle value. The company’s guide became the first publication to use mileage to decide upon a vehicle value. The company’s website came out in 1995, which contained pricing information and certain tips. In 2010, it was purchased by Autotrader.com, and in 2013 it formed an alliance with Bitauto Holdings, an informative Chinese platform for automobile users.
- KBB deals in cars, KBB motorcycles, personal watercraft, and snowmobiles. It lists market value prices of used and new automobiles. It also updates the prices with the changing market conditions and provides a fair purchase price based on actual transactions.
- On new automobiles, KBB provides information on its Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) and dealer invoice price. Whereas, on used automobiles, KBB provides listing price, pre-owned price,
- It offers expert and consumer reviews and ratings to help consumers analyze better which vehicle will be cost-effective in the long run.
- KBB also offers a report on the 5-year cost to own and operate, which includes maintenance, fuel, insurance, and depreciation charges.
- It provides a list of the best cars curated by the KBB editors who test drive the cars to come to a conclusion. It is ranked on analyzing several parameters such as driving experience, fuel efficiency, features, comfort level, and other important parameters.
KBB Sponsorship And Recognition
KBB signed an agreement of two years with Hendrick Motorsports for sponsoring Dale Earnhardt Jr.’s No. 88 Chevrolet SS NASCAR Sprint Cup Series team.
An American market and research and analytics company, Harris Poll, in the year 2012-2014, recognized Kelley Blue Book as the “Online Auto Shopping Brand of the Year.” KBB has also been awarded in the automotive category of Outstanding Website for two consecutive years.
How Does KBB Determine Price For Used Vehicle?
KBB determines the price of used vehicles by receiving data from wholesale auctions of cars, snowmobiles, KBB motorcycles, personal watercraft from independent dealers, franchised dealers, lessors, and private party transactions. They come to a conclusion by analyzing pricing data, historical trends, current economic conditions, industry developments, time of year, and location.
In order to purchase or sell a vehicle like a car, or KBB motorcycle, one must go through various available options and not completely rely only on one source. KBB offers the best solution for your needs, but you must consult other websites or guides to come to the conclusion of setting the price.