Yamaha MT 15 V2 Price in India, Launched | MT15 2.0 Major Changes
The Yamaha MT 15 was first introduced in India in 2019. Further, it launched with some modifications as Yamaha MT 15 BS6 in 2020. Earlier, the Yamaha MT15 wasn’t getting a good response in the Indian market, but after relaunching with the BS6 version, the sales reached a new hike. Now, we got the third version of MT15 i.e., Yamaha MT15 V2/ Yamaha MT 15 Version 2/ Yamaha MT 15 2.0.
The manufacturer launched the Yamaha R15 new variants and R15 V4 new version, firstly in the Indian market. The same can be seen with Yamaha MT 15 V2, the new model in India probably within a couple of months.
Updated on 11th April 2022: The new Yamaha MT15 2.0 bike is launched in India on 11th April 2022 and available is buy in all the major Yamaha Showrooms in the cities.
New Yamaha MT15 V2 Price in India
- 1 New Yamaha MT15 V2 Price in India
- 2 2022 Yamaha MT 15 2.0 – Quick Features
- 3 Yamaha M15 V2 Bike Design
- 4 Similarity: Yamaha MT 15 Vs Yamaha MT 15 V2
- 5 Changes in Yamaha MT15 V2
- 6 New Yamaha MT 15 V2 Features
- 7 New Yamaha MT 15 2.0 Color Options
- 8 New Yamaha MT15 V2 Launch Date in India
- 9 What does officials say?
Currently, the Yamaha MT 15 BS6 Price in India at ex-showroom is costing around Rs. 1 lakh 45 thousand. And the On-road price of BS6 MT15 is around Rs. 1 lakh 60 thousand.
Comparing the same, the new Yamaha MT 15 V2 price in India can cost you around Rs.1.60 lakh at ex-showroom. And the on-road price of MT15 V2 can cost you approximately Rs.1.80 lakh.
Updated on 11 April 2022
The Yamaha MT15 2.0 Price in India starts from Rs. 1,59,900 (Ex-Showroom, Delhi). However the on-road price of new Yamaha MT 15 2.0 will be around 20 thousand higher than the ex-showroom price.
2022 Yamaha MT 15 2.0 – Quick Features
Comparing with Yamaha R15 V4 bike, the recently launched MT15 V2.0 doesn’t receive any radical changes in its design. In fact, most of the unique elements of MT series, like a single-pod projector LED headlamp with eyebrows-shaped LED DRLs are there from the outgoing model.
The new Yamaha Bike MT15 2.0 features a raised tail section, the muscular bodywork, and a side-slung upswept exhaust muffler.
Yamaha M15 V2 Bike Design
On the design front, the MT-15 Version 2.0 continues to illustrate the impulsive MT style by offering
freedom in the riding position and focusing on the design expression of ‘Torque and Agility’.
The new Yamaha bike M!5 is available in four different colors that coupled with a set of graphics. The new Yamaha Bike strengthens its aggressive style and sporty character.
Similarity: Yamaha MT 15 Vs Yamaha MT 15 V2
As the Yamaha MT 15 was featured with a disk braking system in the front n rear side, the same can be seen in the upcoming Yamaha bike MT 15 V2. MT15 BS6 Yamaha bike is available with 155 CC single-cylinder, liquid-cooled fuel-injected engine displacement. Followed by the same, the new MT15 V2 is not going to make major changes in the engine.
- The headlights as existing in R15 v4, Yamaha MT 07, and R15 M, can be expected in the new MT 15 version 2 Yamaha two-wheeler.
- The new Yamaha MT15 V2 can share the same bio functional LED headline, daytime running LED DRLS, with similar halogen indicators.
- We can see the previous Bluetooth connectivity, quick shifter, traction control like R15 V4 and MT15 BS6, in the new Yamaha V2 MT15.
- Currently, MT15 BS6 has 10 liters of fuel storage capacity. Perhaps, there won’t be such changes in the fuel tank also the riding posture is going to be the same.
- Mileage and overall Performance could be similar.
Worth Reading: Top 8 Reasons To Wait For Yamaha Upcoming Bikes
The old version of MT 15 BS6 produces a max of 18.5PS power at 10,000 RPM, and a peak torque of 13.9 Nm at 8,500 RPM. They won’t be major changes in torque as well in the new Yamaha MT15 version 2 bike.
Similar Article: Top 10 Yamaha Bikes Under 2 Lakh in India – YZF, MT, FZ, XSR, WR & More
Changes in Yamaha MT15 V2
The most awaited expected changes of upcoming Yamaha MT15 version 2 bike are now converted into the reality. The V2 version of the MT15 Yamaha Bike have a muscular look. And with a muscular look, fuel injection and other slots may be seen slightly changed. Let’s see the key features of Yamaha MT15 2.0 bike.
- The new MT15 V2 appeared with a newly design tale section, new color scheme, latest front look, and more. Some part of appearance are similar to Yamaha MT 07 Yamaha MT 09 bikes.
- The major change in MT 15 V2 with upgraded dual-channel ABS, as there were only single-channel ABS is available in the existing Yamaha BS6 MT15 bike.
- Another change in suspension, front up-side-down 37 MM KYP USD front forks.
- Some changes in appearance with body graphics and color scheme are in the new MT 15 V2.
Recommended: Yamaha YZF-R15 M & Yamaha R15 V4 Price in India, Mileage, Speed, Features
New Yamaha MT 15 V2 Features
- Engine tuning may be different.
- Delta box frame back.
- Tubeless Tires.
- 282 MM Front Disc Brake.
- 220 MM Rear Disc Brake.
- New color options.
- Graphics body as per the launch in the international market.
- Suspension with USD forks.
- Upgraded Bluetooth and other Connectivity Features.
Must Read: Top 6 Existing & Yamaha Upcoming Bikes Under 2 Lakhs
The new Yamaha Bike MT 15 2.0 have got a slight update in new front forks which are anodised in golden colour. The front suspension unit now comprises inverted forks just like its superbike sibling. Rear suspension duties are carried out by a mono-shock with preload adjustability mounted on a box-type swingarm.
Braking hardware of Yamaha M15 V2 are consists of 282 mm disc at front and 220 mm disc at rear side. The new Yamaha MT-15 Version 2 bike has a 17-inch wheels at both ends that shod with a 100/80 front and 140/70 rear tubeless tyres.
New Yamaha MT 15 2.0 Color Options
- Cyan Storm (new)
- Metallic Black
- Racing Blue (new)
- Ice Fluo-Vermillion
Other 155 CC Bikes:
Yamaha R15M 155CC Upcoming Bike in India, Price, Specs, Image
Yamaha XSR 155 Price In India, Launch Date, Specifications
New Yamaha MT15 V2 Launch Date in India
Recently, the manufacturer has launched Yamaha R15 V4 in India. So maybe a bit delayed and we can expect the launch of MT 15 V2 by the end of 2021 or the first quarter of 2022.
At the same time, we can also expect the launch of one new Yamaha bike. One more variant of the Yamaha R15 new version i.e. Yamaha R15 S is all set to launch by the end of the year.
Updated on 11 April 2022
2022 Yamaha MT 15 2.0 bike officially launched on 11th April 2022 in India in four different color variants at the starting ex-showroom price of Rs.1.6 lakh.
What does officials say?
Mr. Eishin Chihana, Chairman, Yamaha Motor India Group of Companies commented, “Yamaha Fans have always praised the MT-15 for its impeccable handling and performance but have been eagerly waiting for a more evolved version of the Dark Warrior.
The launch of the new MT-15 Version 2.0 is a perfect representation of Yamaha being able to meet its customer expectations, as a part of its ongoing ‘The Call of the Blue’ brand strategy. We are confident that with the new set of features and technology, the MT-15 Version 2.0 will attract more young riders who are in search of a premium street-naked motorcycle that strikes the perfect balance between weekend rides and daily commuting needs.”