Auto rickshaw, E- rickshaw comes in the 3-wheeler category. Federation of Automobile Dealers Associations or FADA announced that 44,288 units of Auto rickshaws were sold in December 2021 and sales were enhanced by 59.50 percent. Bajaj Auto rules the market regarding the sale of the three-wheeler, Auto-rickshaws.
In September 2020 9,601 units of Auto rickshaws (Bajaj) were sold while in September 2021 13844 Auto rickshaws (Bajaj) were sold. It has shown a growth of 45.11 percent which is significant growth.
Sales Statistics 2021 and Brands deal in making Auto rickshaw
Apart from Bajaj, there are various other brands that make Auto rickshaws in India. These are Piaggio, Mahindra, Atul, YC Electric, Champion poly plast, Saera Electric, Best way agencies, Dilli Electric, Mahindra, etc.
Let us discuss these brands and sale statistics of three-wheelers 2021
- Bajaj:- It has shown the highest growth and it is a prominent brand in the market in the year.
- Piaggio:- It makes three-wheelers and shows de-growth in a sale. In September 2021 total sales were 4060 while in September 2020 total sales were 5440. Total growth was -25.37%.
- YC Electric:- Y C Electric makes E Rickshaws. In September 2021 total sales were 1, 4013 while in September 2020 total sales were 711 units of E Rickshaws. Net growth was 98.73%.
- Mahindra:- 1150 units of three-wheeler were sold in September 2021 and 470 units were sold in September 2020. Total growth was 144.68%.
- TVS Motor:- TVS also makes a three-wheeler Auto Rickshaw. In September 2021 total sales were 773 Units while 792 units were sold in September 2020. Total growth was -2.40%.
- Saera Electric:- It is the Manufacturer of the e-rickshaw loader(3 wheeler) together with Passenger Rickshaw. 730 units of three-wheelers were sold in 2021 while 397 units of three-wheelers were sold in 2020 and net growth was 83.88%.
- Dilli Electric:- Dilli Electric makes e-rickshaw. 672 units were sold in September 2021 while 214 units were sold in September 2021. Total growth was 214.02%.
- JS Auto:- It makes three-wheeler Auto Rickshaw, E-rickshaw. In September 2021 455 units were sold while 246 units were sold in September 2020. Total growth was 84.96%. Three-wheelers of diesel, CNG, and Electric vehicles are available.
Moreover, including the above-mentioned brands, other three-wheeler manufacturers are Thukral Electric, Unique International, Vani Electric, Mini Metro, Energy EV and they had shown good growth in the last year.
Every brand had shown good growth except TVS motor and Piaggio in the 2021 three-wheeler electric rickshaw sales. Overall growth is good revealing that three-wheelers are still in demand in the Indian vehicle market.