Bajaj Auto aka Baja Bikes carries its rich legacy and unconventional thinking for 74 years. It is one of the third-largest in the world and the second-largest company in India. It has grown its operation in more than 70 countries across the world.
Following the mantra of Shri Kamalnayan Bajaj “Do what you think is best, be the best in what you do”. Bajaj Pulsar- ‘Definitely Male’ a name that has been terrorizing numerous motorcycles in the 2-wheeler market. Multiple models in the Pulsar range came along with multiple features. Fast forward to today, after 20 years of inception, the Bajaj Bike Pulsar comprises of as many as 10 models with engine displacements ranging from 125CC to 220CC.
Shri Jamnalal Bajaj, this was him who laid the foundation of the company on 29th November 1945 as M/s Bachraj Trading Corporation Private Limited.
Bajaj Bikes used to import and sell two and three-wheelers in the country. In 1959, the name was changed to ‘Bajaj Auto’ and they obtained the licence and started to manufacture two and three-wheelers. In the year 1960, the Bajaj bikes went public and launched its first-ever 2-wheeler scooter named ‘Vespa 150’. Under the leadership of Mr Rahul Bajaj, it had established its expertise in different segments.
Bajaj Bikes Gaining Popularity With The Time
And, Bajaj had sold more than 100,000 scooters by the end of 60’s in commuter segments. Then on in the year 1971, the company started to launch their 3-wheeler vehicles. A year later, it had launched its ever-famous Bajaj Chetak. Chetak was famous for decades and thus the slogan ‘Hamara Bajaj’.
“Naye Bharat ki Nayi Tasveer, Buland Bharat ki Buland Tasveer” – Hamara Bajaj.
- Bajaj come up with M-50 in multi-utility segments in 1981 and five years hence it comes up with an upgraded version, Bajaj M-80 turned out to be one of the flagship products.
- The company partnered with Japanese Kawasaki to begin production of two more products – KB100 and KB125 went on till 1996.
- In the year 1990, the teenagers were offered, Bajaj Sunny.
- Kawasaki-Bajaj 4S Champion was a new launch in the year 1991.
Then on every year, there was a new release beginning from 1993 to 1995 and still, Bajaj New Bike Coming Soon. Two years later, KB Boxer and RE diesel Auto Rickshaw were introduced. Then on in 1998, KB Caliber hit the roads. In the same year, it had yet another remarkable achievement with Bajaj Legend, India’s first 4-stroke scooter rolled out of the Akrudi Plant. A year hence it came up with scooter Bajaj Spirit and company achieved another feat of 100,000 sales of Bajaj Caliber in a record time of 12 months. Bajaj Saffire was introduced in 2000.
BAJAJ : The Indian’s Favourite Vehicle
The company entered premium and sports bike segment with its product Bajaj Pulsar ‘Twin’ 150 and 180 Classic
The unveiling of the new brand identity, donning a new symbol, logo and the brand line all happened at the start of the year 2004. In the same year, the company got credit for the release of Bajaj Discover DTS-i, CT 100. In the year 2005, it launched Bajaj Avenger DTS-i (a cruiser style motorcycle) replacing Eliminator with 180CC. Which was upgraded to 200CC subsequently.
Bajaj – Most Sold Bikes Model
- Bajaj Platina most fuel-efficient bike an automobile market had ever had. Platina was sold 500,000 units in just 8 months after the launch in April 2006.
- A few months later in the year, 2007 Bajaj Kristal DTS-i followed by 200CC Pulsar hit the roads.
- And, just after inaugurating Pantnagar plant, Pulsar 220CC DTS-Fi was on the roads.
- Also, XCD 125 DTS-Si was launched with new DTS-Si engine.
- And, the year ended with the launch of RE GDi Auto Rickshaw.
Other Popular Bajaj Bikes in Indian Market
- The following year, XCD 125 DTS-Si became the largest selling 125CC bike.
- And, the next year for the first time the company exported half a million motorcycles then same in 2011.
- In 2009, the company launched Kawasaki Ninja 250R. And to race with Tata Nano, they launched Bajaj RE60 under intra-city segment.
- KTM Duke with 2 variants was much eventful launch in 2013 by Bajaj Bikes.
- Two years later, India’s first quadricycle Bajaj Qute (with Petrol and CNG engine variant) was released under intra-city segment.
- Following year, the most powerful motorbike of all time was launched named Bajaj Dominar 400.
In 2019, the tagline of the company was changed to ‘The World’s Favourite Indian’ from ‘Distinctively Ahead’. Along with the launch of ever famous ‘Chetak’ in Electric 2-wheeler category.
And, the saga continues with the future launches of Bajaj Pulsar 250, Pulsar RS400 and Avenger 400. An eventful journey, a challenging path, Bajaj Auto took it all with a brave heart and truly “World’s Favourite Indian”.
Now they are ready with the Upcoming Bajaj Vehicles 2021 with some new features to give the adventurous ride to the bike lovers. Till then, keep visiting Rashgear website. To get the latest update on other Upcoming Cars & Bikes including Bajaj, TVS, Yamaha, Harley Davidson, Tesla, Mahindra and more.
Recommended Posts For You
- Top 3 Cars To Purchase With Best Resale Value in 2021
- Bajaj Avenger 220 Cruise 2021 – Price, Reviews, Images, Modifications
- Bajaj Pulsar RS 200 Price, Mileage, Launch Date, Specs 2021
- KTM Duke 490 New Model 2021 Price in India, Launch Date & Specs
- 35+ Upcoming Bikes in India 2021 under 2 Lakh with Price & Launch Date